[yocto] '…bzImage': No such file or directory when building core-image-minimal-initramfs

Jeffrey Moore jeff at kokofitclub.com
Sat Nov 19 13:20:33 PST 2011

I have a problem in  that the kernel bzImage is apparently not being built.  Here is my error:
| install: cannot stat `/media/jwm/minimal-initramfs/tmp/sysroots/crownbay-noemgd/kernel/bzImage': No such file or directory
| ERROR: Function 'build_boot_bin' failed (see /media/jwm/minimal-initramfs/tmp/work/crownbay_noemgd-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_bootimg.25097 for further information)
NOTE: package core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0: task do_bootimg: Failed
ERROR: Task 9 (/home/jeff/poky-edison-6.0/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb, do_bootimg) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: '/home/jeff/poky-edison-6.0/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb' failed

My setup:

vanilla, out of the box poky setup with the addition of:

meta-intel layer for meta-crownbay  in the bblayers.conf
&
MACHINE ?= "crownbay-noemgd" in the local.conf

bitbake -k core-image-minimal-initramfs

If I build any other type of image such as: core-image-minimal-mtdutils or core-image-minimal, everything is fine and I get a clean build.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Moore