[yocto] USB keyboard not working on PC-Engines host

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Jan 27 06:36:07 PST 2011

On 11-01-27 09:22 AM, Chris Tapp wrote:
> I've built poky-image-minimal for a machine that's based on
> qemux86.conf. I've create a modified copy to target x86 hardware and
> made sure usbhost and usbgadget are in the MACHINE_FEATURES.
>
> If I boot on an Intel Atom board then everything is fine. However, if I
> boot on a PC-Engines ALIX 3D3 the usb keyboard doesn't work and I can't
> login.
>
> I have had to disable USB 2 support in the ALIX BIOS to prevent "unable
> to enumerate USB device on port ..." messages, but USB 1.1 is still
> enabled. The OHCI device code is 1d6b:0001 and works ok with an EO build
> that I have.

What's the kernel version on the working build ?
Do you have the dmesg output from the working/non working
boots handy ? Also the .config from your non-working
boot would also be handy.

> Can anyone point me to where I should be looking to find out how to get
> this working?

This smells like a configuration issue, or something different
between kernel versions. The information above will help us
narrow it down.

Cheers,

Bruce