[yocto] USB keyboard not working on PC-Engines host

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Thu Jan 27 06:22:27 PST 2011

I've built poky-image-minimal for a machine that's based on
qemux86.conf. I've create a modified copy to target x86 hardware and
made sure usbhost and usbgadget are in the MACHINE_FEATURES.

If I boot on an Intel Atom board then everything is fine. However, if
I boot on a PC-Engines ALIX 3D3 the usb keyboard doesn't work and I
can't login.

I have had to disable USB 2 support in the ALIX BIOS to prevent
"unable to enumerate USB device on port ..." messages, but USB 1.1 is
still enabled. The OHCI device code is 1d6b:0001 and works ok with an
EO build that I have.

Can anyone point me to where I should be looking to find out how to
get this working?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com