[yocto-ab] Minutes: YP Advisory Board meeting, 5 May 2017

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon May 8 07:40:03 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 6 May 2017 at 00:16, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey <jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com>
wrote:

> Discuss Maintainership status (Ross)
>         Members need to be sharing maintainership in oe-core
>         Jefro has contacted all members individually
>         had some progress, 9 members now participating owning parts of
> oe-core
>         Ross will send a "health check" to the AB on a periodic basis,
> will highlight members who have not responded

And here is my first health check.

A visual aid in the form of a bar chart is attached.  Google Spreadsheets
export really badly, so there's an interactive version available at this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ovF_oFdZKlnUZkGPJaJWwKt2YKwxLK-lJHMDu7Wu9No/pubhtml?gid=748227381&single=true

The summary is that around half of AB members have accepted ownership of a
number of recipes.  Intel own 45% of the recipes, Wind River 22%.

Intel and Wind River's ownership has dropped by ~150 recipes.

MontaVista has 135 and wins on numbers by primarily taking the entire X.org
project, which is split between over a hundred recipes.

Comcast owns the toolchain (gcc, glibc, binutils).  Low in number at just
eighteen but high in complexity, someone with the experience and knowledge
that Khem has is much appreciated.

TI have taken 20 recipes, including the Wayland stack and the compression
tools.

OS Systems own nine recipes spread across the system.

A number of community members and small companies (such as Denx, u-boot
upstream) are merged into the OpenEmbedded label for accounting purposes.
I've just noticed that NI are not on the AB so my aggregating logic needs
to be updated to move their recipes (opkg, which they also maintain
upstream) to OpenEmbedded.

We've made a good start but we need to continue this progress.  The number
of recipes in oe-core is sizeable but not unmanageable, so even a small
number of recipes that your organisation actively uses and so has an
interest in is greatly welcome.

Ross