[yocto-ab] YP Compatible: Enea Linux (for YP 1.5)

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Wed Dec 4 15:12:46 PST 2013

In general, for YP Compatible the process is that the product or layer
first needs to pass a sanity test by Richard, which could be a simple
"yes, I know that's ok" or a more complicated multi-step process by
which the product/layer comes up to technical par based on RP's
recommendations. Only then does it get to a vote by the Advisory
Board, so the vote here is looking for business or community reasons
to disapprove, not technical reasons. I also do a certain amount of
filtering before these items come up for a vote, so it is rare for
there to be a contentious vote. (Unless I think people are sleeping,
and then watch out!) (Just kidding)

For updates like this one, the item in question has already been
through the process, and there is an assumption on our part that the
maintainers will keep it up to spec. This is particularly true in the
case of products or layers maintained by Advisory Board member
organizations, like Enea. The vote in this case is an opportunity for
another member organization to point out a problem or voice a concern,
but I think all of us would be extremely surprised if there were any
issues.

Thanks for bringing this up, and I hope this helps explain the
process. I would encourage you to bring up any questions at the
upcoming Advisory Board meeting next week so we can discuss them in
person. Besides yourself, there are four new member organizations and
so a lot of new folks who are on the same path learning about the
project.