[yocto-ab] YP Compatible: Enea Linux (for YP 1.5)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 5 02:03:11 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 15:12 -0800, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey wrote:
> In general, for YP Compatible the process is that the product or layer
> first needs to pass a sanity test by Richard, which could be a simple
> "yes, I know that's ok" or a more complicated multi-step process by
> which the product/layer comes up to technical par based on RP's
> recommendations. Only then does it get to a vote by the Advisory
> Board, so the vote here is looking for business or community reasons
> to disapprove, not technical reasons. I also do a certain amount of
> filtering before these items come up for a vote, so it is rare for
> there to be a contentious vote. (Unless I think people are sleeping,
> and then watch out!) (Just kidding)

Just to be clear, if there is a layer out in the public, I do try and
take a look and flag anything that makes it look like it doesn't comply.
It isn't a 100% in depth review but enough to check people are in the
spirit of the criteria.

Some layers are not public and as such I never get to see them. We tend
to proceed on the basis that the particular organisation has done the
checks to answer the questions and that they will be honest. If I've
never seen a patch from them, that would raise questions for example.

If there ever were concerns something had the status and shouldn't have,
I'd get involved and figure out a way to resolve the issue.

It isn't as tight a process as some would like, equally I think it has
seemed to serve the needs of what we need quite well so far, flagging
real issues and giving a real world compatibility of layers.

Cheers,

Richard