[yocto-ab] external board farm

Anderson, Paul paul.anderson at windriver.com
Thu Aug 25 12:10:42 PDT 2011

> I have a memory that we discussed a distributed build farm. That might be cheaper, and if someone like Mentor were to develop software to run it and open-source it, perhaps that could become part of the Yocto project. On the other hand, it means duplication of effort in the labs themselves.

Wind River also has an extensive build farm, automated test, and lab management capability that could be used as well. Let's discuss the operational needs for build, test as well as what board lab infrastructure we might want available to the project and its users over time.

> As Richard says, I'm glad to see someone taking the lead. John, is there anything specific you need before moving forward?

John -- perhaps we can catch up on this and other things sometime soon?

Regards,

-pja