[yocto-ab] external board farm

Cherry, John John_Cherry at mentor.com
Thu Aug 25 12:49:53 PDT 2011

Yes, we all have our internal build/test farms with lab management capabilities.  And we all understand what a pain it is to keep a board farm current, running, and useful.  I definitely agree that we need a shared and/or distributed mechanism to do this, if for nothing else to reduce the redundancy of efforts.

A couple quick questions for the device/silicon vendors...

- Would you participate (contribute to) in a shared/distributed board farm, or will there be IP issues in making this truly affective?
- Would you prefer a single shared farm, or a distributed set of farms?
- Would you take the responsibility to keep the boards in the board farm at current revisions and take responsibility for maintenance
  of these boards?

> > As Richard says, I'm glad to see someone taking the lead. John, is
> there anything specific you need before moving forward?
>
> John -- perhaps we can catch up on this and other things sometime soon?

Be glad to catch up on this and other things soon.  At least for the board farm options, I think we need to get some kind of AB agreement before we can get much further on the logistics for making it happen.

Hey, we missed you at LinuxCon Paul.  Hope all is well.

John