[poky] FW: Eclipse plugin question

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 2 14:16:39 PST 2010

On 12/02/2010 12:40 PM, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> OK, can you try this to ensure your tcf terminal etc. is behaving...
> 1. Window->Open Perspective->Other->Remote system Explorer
> 2. In the RSE window, you should see local and below it should have the
> remote host/board, there should be "Terminals", can you right click
> "Terminals" and select connect, it'll prompt you to login, after you login,
> in the right pane of IDE, it should open a remote TCF terminal to the board
> and do some thing in the remote terminal, e.g. run your program there, etc.
> 3. Once you've connected, you can also select "Shells"->"Launch Shell", this
> will open a remote shell tab in the IDE and do something there...
>
> Let us know you findings and we'll debug your issue from there.

Interestingly, when I right-click on Terminals, I only have the option
to _disconnect_, not connect.

I went ahead and disconnected, then reconnected.  More messages like
before on my host console.  No remote TCF terminal.  See
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-connect.png

Then I tried to explicitly open a terminal, no luck either
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-open-terminal.png

I also tried to open a shell, still no joy
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-launch-shell.png

Anything else I can try?