[poky] FW: Eclipse plugin question

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Thu Dec 2 11:40:49 PST 2010

OK, can you try this to ensure your tcf terminal etc. is behaving...
1. Window->Open Perspective->Other->Remote system Explorer
2. In the RSE window, you should see local and below it should have the
remote host/board, there should be "Terminals", can you right click
"Terminals" and select connect, it'll prompt you to login, after you login,
in the right pane of IDE, it should open a remote TCF terminal to the board
and do some thing in the remote terminal, e.g. run your program there, etc.
3. Once you've connected, you can also select "Shells"->"Launch Shell", this
will open a remote shell tab in the IDE and do something there...

Let us know you findings and we'll debug your issue from there.

Thanks,
Jessica

Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 11/25/2010 07:13 PM, Ke, Liping wrote:
>> Seems I use wrong mail list and lost the mail.
>>
>> Yes. Indeed we need to document this considering the code will
>> be finally in the TCF upstream, more users might need it.
>
> I've tried these, but still can't run any programs.
>
> When I'm in the RSE browser mode, I can talk to the board, view
> processes, files, etc.
>
> However, when I try to run code, it just sits there.  I see the
> attached messages on the host console where I started eclipse.  Does
> this help?
> I can see on my target machine that my program was downloaded (I told
> it to go to /tmp/yocto_app), but it just doesn't seem to run via the
> remote connection.
>
> Ideas?

>>> Login.Required: true (in normal case, we need to login)
>>> Password.Prompt: never change it.