[meta-ti] xf86-video-omap and libdrm for OMAP

Enrico ebutera at users.berlios.de
Tue Nov 20 10:08:29 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Nicolas Dechesne <ndec13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> well.. obviously, with the libdrm update, and our .bbappend in meta-ti
> things are even worse than I had thought... and the tree doesn't even build
> anymore, at least for panda, as we have:
>
> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "omap4|omap5"
>
> in the .bbappend
>
> so now that brings another question... should we start a 'danny' branch on
> meta-ti? if we remove the libdrm and xf86-video-omap recipes from
> meta-ti/master, then we break meta-ti/master with poky/danny...

I think meta-ti should have a danny branch with the current libdrm
2.4.39.bbappend because oe-core danny has 2.4.39 (at least for now),
then in master it can be deleted.

If 2.4.40 doesn't work (i didn't test it) then it should be fixed in
oe-core (unless the fix is not acceptable in oe-core for some reason).

Enrico