[meta-freescale] Status of i.MX8 support

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:26:35 PST 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:13 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:25 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Interesting since linux-fslc-imx doesn't list mx8 as
> > 'compatible_machine', but linux-imx does.
> >
> > When setting preferred provider for virtual/kernel to linux-fslc-imx I
> > got this error:
> > "ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/kernel'
> > linux-imx PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped:
> > PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel set to linux-fslc-imx, not
> > linux-imx"
>
> I updated to latest version of thud-branch which seems to be same as
> master. I saw that lots of new patches has been applied there
> including one that said to fix the u-boot/image creation issue.
>
> Yet today when I did fresh built no u-boot nor image was created. I
> was able to manually compile u-boot, but I'm not sure which command to
> use for manually forcing the wic - image creation.
Hi Teemu,

This is the line in BSP where the image file time is setup:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-freescale/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc#n289

You may have some configuration on top of the BSP which prevents it to
create the wic image.

Could you, please, test the following line to try to see which
configuration you have on your side?

bitbake -e | grep  IMAGE_FSTYPES

Regards,
Daiane