[meta-freescale] Status of i.MX8 support

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 00:12:32 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:25 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Interesting since linux-fslc-imx doesn't list mx8 as
> 'compatible_machine', but linux-imx does.
>
> When setting preferred provider for virtual/kernel to linux-fslc-imx I
> got this error:
> "ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/kernel'
> linux-imx PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped:
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel set to linux-fslc-imx, not
> linux-imx"

I updated to latest version of thud-branch which seems to be same as
master. I saw that lots of new patches has been applied there
including one that said to fix the u-boot/image creation issue.

Yet today when I did fresh built no u-boot nor image was created. I
was able to manually compile u-boot, but I'm not sure which command to
use for manually forcing the wic - image creation.

-Teemu