[meta-freescale] Status of i.MX8 support

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:55:16 PST 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:26 PM Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Teemu,
>
> This is the line in BSP where the image file time is setup:
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-freescale/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc#n289
>
> You may have some configuration on top of the BSP which prevents it to
> create the wic image.
>
> Could you, please, test the following line to try to see which
> configuration you have on your side?
>
> bitbake -e | grep  IMAGE_FSTYPES
Hi,

I got bit further. It seemed that local.conf IMAGE_FSTYPES did
override the SOC_DEFAULT_IMAGE_FSTYPES. I commented it out and now I
got next problem that I get this error when trying to compile image:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'imx-m4-demos'
ERROR: Required build target 'core-my-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-my-image',
'imx-boot', 'imx-m4-demos']

I searched for imx-m4-demos and I only found it for rocko - branch,
but not for thud.

-Teemu