[meta-freescale] [Sumo] Freescale iMX6 vivante support with EGLFS Qt5

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Fri Aug 31 07:07:59 PDT 2018

Hello Joe,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:52 AM Joe Rutledge <joe.rutledge at phabrix.com> wrote:
> TBH, I hadn't realised it was the close source kernel, it was just
> whatever I was using before. I had assumed that linux-fslc-imx was the
> closed source and linux-imx was the open source! I have an iMX6 and the
> following are recipes are within meta-freescale, which should I be using?
>

> linux-fslc
>
> linux-fslc-4.9
>
> linux-fslc-imx
>
> linux-fslc-imx-rt
>
> linux-imx-4.9.88

linux-imx - provided by NXP
linux-fslc-imx - it is a linux-imx plus stable kernel releases merges
and community fixes

Those two use the Vivante proprietary driver which uses the closed
source user-space.

linux-fslc is based on mainline. On master we have 4.17 support :-)

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750