[meta-freescale] Freescale meta-freescale announcement of new layer

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Wed Mar 16 12:56:52 PDT 2016

Hello Robert,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Robert E. Cochran
<yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
> During the compiling of gobjects-introspection, the g-ir-scanner-qemuwrapper
> script is run which fails when it tries to execute "PSEUDO_UNLOAD=1
> qemu-ppc64 ...".
>
> """
>
> /build/yocto/build_meta_freescale/tmp/work/ppc64e5500-poky-linux/gobject-introspection/1.46.0-r0/build/g-ir-scanner-qemuwrapper:
> line 6: qemu-ppc64: command not found
>
> """
>
> Maybe you already have a patch for this?  Let me know if you require further
> information, and I'll start a new thread.   I'll also look into creating the
> patch.

This is a side effect of GObjects Introspection support which is being
included for 2.1.

There are two things which need to be investigated:

 - if this is a bug on OE-Core, or
 - if something on meta-freescale needs change to allow the new
infrastructure to be used