[meta-freescale] Replacing busybox with bash

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Mar 1 16:09:20 PST 2016

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Rob McPherson <rob.mcpherson at digecor.com> wrote:
> I’ve made several attempts to replace busybox with bash in my image, but it
> hasn’t worked so far.  I am also attempting to add x11 to the image, but I’m
> doing something wrong.  I need to run Qt and gstreamer in X for some
> advanced overlay capabilities, and any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Here is the recipe as it exists now:

There are few things that I suggest you to look:

 - Use Fido or Jethro (Jethro is nicer)
 - Use GStreamer 1.0 (GStreamer 0.10 is dead upstream)
 - Avoid X11 whenever possible

The projects we did for customers, for similar use cases, we ended
using Qt Multimedia with QML and others, using EGLFS when possible.