[meta-freescale] Replacing busybox with bash

Rob McPherson rob.mcpherson at digecor.com
Tue Mar 1 11:28:36 PST 2016

All,

I've made several attempts to replace busybox with bash in my image, but it hasn't worked so far.  I am also attempting to add x11 to the image, but I'm doing something wrong.  I need to run Qt and gstreamer in X for some advanced overlay capabilities, and any suggestions would be appreciated.  Here is the recipe as it exists now:
SUMMARY = "NV image"

REQUIRES = "linux-imx"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "dpkg apt tslib-conf tslib-calibrate evtest \
  iproute2 "
# fbset fbset-modes

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = 'commercial'

SRC_URI[md5sum] = "f3c7295c7e542fba141c2f3d0ac8765c"

# Inherit classes

inherit extrausers
inherit core-image
inherit qt4e

# Add required features

IMAGE_FEATURES += "\
  splash \
  debug-tweaks \
  tools-testapps \
  package-management \
  ssh-server-openssh \
"

DISTRO_FEATURES_DEFAULT="alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile pcmcia usbgadget usbhost xattr zeroconf pci 3g nfc"
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
DISTRO_FEATURES += "${DISTRO_FEATURES_DEFAULT} ${DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC} sysvinit directfb"

DEPENDS = "bash alsa-lib tslib libsamplerate0 libsndfile1 libvorbis libogg faad2 curl sqlite bzip2 pulseaudio tcp-wrappers openal-soft yajl jack faad2 flac libao fluidsynth libcdio wavpack libopus libmms libmodplug boost icu dbus expat zlib libass bash-completion util-linux gnutls gnulib imx-gpu-viv "

#REQUIRE = "core-image-minimal-dev"
REQUIRE = "core-image-directfb bash"

IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE = "2248576"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " \
  gst-crypto \
  tcpdump \
  ntp \
  libav \
  tslib \
  audiofile \
  e2fsprogs \
  vim \
  console-tools \
  net-tools \
  usbutils \
  rsync \
  ntp \
  ntpdate \
  util-linux \
  cpufrequtils \
  e2fsprogs \
  packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \
  packagegroup-qte-toolchain-target \
  packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \
  packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer-full \
  packagegroup-fslc-gstreamer1.0 \
  packagegroup-fslc-gstreamer1.0-full \
  gstreamer1.0 \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-good \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-base \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly \
  gst-plugins-base \
  gst-plugins-good \
  gst-plugins-ugly \
  gst-plugins-bad \
  gst-plugins-base-vorbis \
  qt4-embedded-plugin-gfxdriver-gfxtransformed \
  libsdl-image \
  libsdl-mixer \
  libsdl-ttf \
  packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \