[meta-freescale] BSP Packagegroup

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:24:47 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Ann Thornton <Ann.Thornton at freescale.com> wrote:

> For packagegroup divisions, how about
> graphics
> multimedia
> networking
> tools
> (probably others I haven't thought of)

When we think about a set of packagegroups intended to give users a
set of useful packages or an example on how to group applications more
is more. As much as possible is good enough. (meta-fsl-demos)

However, when you think about a BSP packagegroup, less is more. As
less as possible, as much closer to only critical packages, the
minimal set, is the optimal packagegroup. (meta-fsl-arm)

Do we need BSP packagegroups?

In case we do, I cannot see the need of a BSP packagegroup for graphic
(GPU) or tools.

I would accept "tools" to be split into other sets like "audio", but
definitively not "tools".

In fact, I can only see the need of a VPU and a CAN package groups.
Maybe audio. But I'm trying to stress the BSP packagegroup idea here,
something I'm not completely convinced of.

Daiane