[meta-freescale] Imx6q and linux-imx-rt status

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:53:31 PST 2015

Hi Simone,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Simone <cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I discovered today that in meta-fsl-arm exist a recipe that apply realtime
> patch to kernel for imx6. Wow!
>
> I want to know in which status is it, and something about the performance
> compared to standard kernel (linux-imx).
> Which values of jitter and latency are guaranteed by the kernel?
> Does it work also with imx6q processor or only with single core?

I've used the kernel on SabreSD and Wandboard-Solo/Dual/Quad boards.
Worst case "cyclictest" latency I've seen has been ~150 us, on average ~40
us.

Are there some known problems that I should know before start testing it?
> Are there some documentation I can read somewhere?

I am not aware of any current issues with it so please go ahead and test,
however it is a community effort
as Freescale (at least to my knowledge) does not provide professional
support for the rt-patch.

For preempt-rt in general, this is a good wiki:

https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

Jacob