[meta-freescale] Imx6q and linux-imx-rt status

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:29:54 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simone,
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Simone <cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>> I discovered today that in meta-fsl-arm exist a recipe that apply realtime
>> patch to kernel for imx6. Wow!
>>
>> I want to know in which status is it, and something about the performance
>> compared to standard kernel (linux-imx).
>> Which values of jitter and latency are guaranteed by the kernel?
>> Does it work also with imx6q processor or only with single core?
>>

> I've used the kernel on SabreSD and Wandboard-Solo/Dual/Quad boards.
> Worst case "cyclictest" latency I've seen has been ~150 us, on average ~40
> us.
>
>> Are there some known problems that I should know before start testing it?
>> Are there some documentation I can read somewhere?
>>

> I am not aware of any current issues with it so please go ahead and test,
> however it is a community effort
> as Freescale (at least to my knowledge) does not provide professional
> support for the rt-patch.

I have not documented anything about linux-imx-rt in #RN

1) because I don't really know it
2) because it's not a default kernel for any board, so the script does
not "find" it when looking for the "default linux kernel providers"

However, being a community effort makes it even more important to be documented.

I would suggest for the first draft, include the kernel description
and a small section with some more information such as external links
and what to expect. What do you think?

Would you mind to help me on that?

Daiane