[meta-freescale] linux-qoriq: why does t1040_64bit_smp_defconfig define CONFIG_ALTIVEC?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Fri Sep 26 11:17:14 PDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 12:37 AM, Bob Cochran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> T1040 uses an E5500, and E5500 doesn't have ALTIVEC.
>
> However, the 64-bit def config file (configs/t1040_64bit_smp_defconfig)
> in the FSL Linux tree pulled by linux-qoriq recipe has
>
> CONFIG_ALTIVEC=y
>
> I assume I should submit a patch to remove this, but please let me know
> if I should be setting other configs in its place.

I just noticed that CONFIG_FMAN_V3L isn't set in the T1040 def config
files (t1040_32bit_smp_defconfig  and t1040_64bit_smp_defconfig)

My RDB kernel image is obviously in need of a config patch considering
this and that it's pulling in some T4240 integration errata (see
previous email I sent on this list).

I hope to have a patch next week to get my RDB network running a little
smoother.