[meta-freescale] linux-qoriq: why does t1040_64bit_smp_defconfig define CONFIG_ALTIVEC?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Thu Sep 25 21:37:58 PDT 2014

Hi,

T1040 uses an E5500, and E5500 doesn't have ALTIVEC.

However, the 64-bit def config file (configs/t1040_64bit_smp_defconfig)
in the FSL Linux tree pulled by linux-qoriq recipe has

CONFIG_ALTIVEC=y

I assume I should submit a patch to remove this, but please let me know
if I should be setting other configs in its place.

I'll test it tomorrow if I can get some guidance overnight.

Thanks,

Bob