[meta-freescale] The Yocto layer re-architect for FSL QorIQ SDK

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Sep 22 05:51:05 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 7:20 AM, zhenhua.luo at freescale.com <
zhenhua.luo at freescale.com> wrote:

>  Following is the structure of the meta-fsl-qoriq layer.
>
> meta-fsl-qoriq
>
> |--- common                   # the common recipes for QorIQ ARM and PPC
> targets
>
> |--- conf
>
> |    |--- layar.conf          # the layer conf file of top layer
>
> |--- COPYING                  # the license file of FSL QorIQ layer
>
> |--- meta-arm                 # the sub-layer for recipes specific to
> QorIQ ARM targets
>
> |    |--- conf
>
> |    |    |--- layer.conf     # the layer conf file of QorIQ ARM sub-layer
>
> |    |    |--- machine        # the machine conf files of QorIQ ARM
> platforms
>
> |    |--- README              # README of QorIQ ARM sub-layer
>
> |    |--- recipes-…           # the recipes of QorIQ ARM targets
>
> |--- meta-ppc                 # the sub-layer for recipes specific to
> QorIQ PPC targets
>
> |    |--- conf
>
> |    |    |--- layer.conf     # the layer conf file of QorIQ PPC sub-layer
>
> |    |    |--- machine        # the machine conf files of QorIQ PPC
> platforms
>
> |    |--- README              # README of QorIQ PPC sub-layer
>
> |    |--- recipes-…           # the recipes of QorIQ PPC targets
>
> |--- meta-…                   # other layers for QorIQ SDK support, e.g.
> meta-toolchain
>
> |--- README                   # README of top layer
>

> The meta-fsl-ppc layer will be retired and replaced by the new
> meta-fsl-qoriq layer.
>

> Can you please review? Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

I think it is too soon to talk about any reorganization of the layers. I am
still awaiting for the layers cleanup on the meta-fsl-ppc as several
recipes there belong to other layers (meta-networking, meta-oe and so on).

We also don't have the list of common recipes, so at this moment this is
still a guess about the common recipes.

LS1 is merged in fsl-arm so you can include it into FSL SDK in your git
submodules/supergit/repo file.

I see no benefit merging it, just cons ...