[meta-freescale] Minutes of FSL Community BSP Meeting in 2014-05-20

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:05:35 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM, zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
<zhenhua.luo at freescale.com> wrote:
> Hi Otavio and all,
>
> I have watched the record video, the meeting is very helpful for quality improvement and global collaboration of FSL Yocto community SDK/BSP.

Besides the fact that my voice is all over the globe and it can be
used against me when I become a Hollywood celebrity. This hangout air
with youtube recording was a pretty good solution for a problem that
we didn't know we have :D

Next time, we must make sure people with the link *can* enter the
discussion without a additional hangout
(Otavio, let's try this before the next meeting)

> Following is my suggestion.
> * Adjust the meeting time that is workable for China attendees

#agree

> * Add the QorIQ SDK(meta-fsl-ppc) in the FSL community BSP Release Notes

#agree!!!!

But, you can imagine that for me it's very difficult to realize *how*
to do this, right? We can discuss offline or you can propose a patch.
What do you think?

> * Add the Layerscape SDK info in the FSL community BSP Release Notes when the LS recipes are available in meta-fsl-arm
> * Add "What's New" section in the Release Notes to indicate the new features/new boards/bug fixes/etc in current release

I loved this idea! can we start with this in 1.7 release only? (as I'm
still working on some 1.6 minor changes)

> * Add the guide on how to get the BSP in Release Notes.

Do you know https://github.com/Freescale?

Wait, when I download using repo I don't have meta-fsl-ppc inside my
source folder! We need to discuss how to get everything together ;-)

Daiane