[meta-freescale] Minutes of FSL Community BSP Meeting in 2014-05-20

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Wed May 21 05:49:50 PDT 2014

[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] The short guide of how to attend the meeting can be given in the meeting invitation, it is helpful for attendees, especially for the new attendees.

> > Following is my suggestion.
> > * Adjust the meeting time that is workable for China attendees
>
> #agree
>
> > * Add the QorIQ SDK(meta-fsl-ppc) in the FSL community BSP Release
> > Notes
>
> #agree!!!!
>
> But, you can imagine that for me it's very difficult to realize *how* to
> do this, right?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Understand.

> We can discuss offline or you can propose a patch. What do you think?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] I can submit the patch for review firstly, and we can have more discussion if needed, does it make sense?
	BTW, is there guide on how to submit the patch for Release Notes?

> > * Add the Layerscape SDK info in the FSL community BSP Release Notes
> > when the LS recipes are available in meta-fsl-arm
> > * Add "What's New" section in the Release Notes to indicate the new
> > features/new boards/bug fixes/etc in current release
>
> I loved this idea! can we start with this in 1.7 release only? (as I'm
> still working on some 1.6 minor changes)
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] OK for me.

> > * Add the guide on how to get the BSP in Release Notes.
>
> Do you know https://github.com/Freescale?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Sure, I know the link. I think it is necessary to mention it in the Release Notes for users who don't know the link. :)-

> Wait, when I download using repo I don't have meta-fsl-ppc inside my
> source folder! We need to discuss how to get everything together ;-)
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] We have two options.
	1. Adding meta-fsl-ppc layer in the repo manifest file(default.xml) together with i.MX layers, and enhance the setup-environment script to support FSL ppc targets.
	2. Create separated branches for QorIQ SDK and i.MX BSP in fsl-community-bsp-platform, the setup-environment script needs to be enhanced.
	Thoughts?

Best Regards,

Zhenhua