[meta-freescale] I think I am missing some critical link, but am lost trying to find it.

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Thu Jun 26 08:22:16 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: otavio.salvador at gmail.com [mailto:otavio.salvador at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Otavio Salvador
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:11 PM
To: Stephen Munnings
Cc: Daiane Angolini; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] I think I am missing some critical link, but am lost trying to find it.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Stephen Munnings <Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com> wrote:
> Checked your example recipe against our recipe.
> Made some (small) changes to ours, needed something in ours that yours does not have:
> require recipes-qt/qt5/qt5.inc

In theory not needed. But it vary from recipe to recipe.

> Also included the line:
> PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"
>
> Which causes the files to go into a different directory in /tmp/work/

If you recipe is not machine specific this is not needed.

> Still have the same issue.
>
> In the (non-yocto) host development environment, we specify the toolchain (and other things) in the graphical environment using Qt Creator and "Manage Kits", and these settings end up in the .pro.user file.
> We do not bring this file into the yocto environment (nor would it be correct in that environment).
> Is this likely the source of our problems?

In theory this is handled by the qmake5 class. I think you need to debug the build system to fully understand what is going on.

Are the recipes public? in case they are please share the link.

-----End Original Message-----

Hi Otavio,

Have attached (an edited version) of the recipe here.

Nothing that should affect operations has been changed other than the svn repository paths.
The sysroots soft link is so that system #include files can be referenced.

Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | 519.594.0976
www.nuvation.com