[meta-freescale] SabreLite can not boot from SD card

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Feb 20 06:22:24 PST 2014

Hi Baodong,

On 02/19/2014 09:41 PM, Baodong Chen wrote:
> Hi Eric:
> Thanks for your reply.

Please don't top-post!

> All i want is to have a sdcard image which contains u-boot, kernel and
> rootfs all in it.

And you get that with the stock image produced by Dora.

> I have written SD loader to NOR flash already.
 >
> So after bitbake, using the following two commands seems work for me,
> the u-boot is loaded by SD loader from NOR flash and kernel is loaded by
> u-boot.
> dd if=fsl-image-gui-nitrogen6x.sdcard of=/dev/sdb
> dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2
>
> Am i right? or am i misunderstaning something?

Okay, here's where I drop out.

The SABRE Lite and all Boundary Devices boards boot to SPI-NOR.

If you're re-programming them with the SPI-to-SD-Loader, you're
explicitly stating that you know what you're doing.

If you're over-riding that, you're probably either testing or
preparing for a custom design, and you **will** need to understand
how the image creation step in Yocto works.

All of the Freescale boards are already configured to do this,
so I'd recommend that you look at how that's done.

Perhaps others on this list can offer guidance.

If you get lost in the details, you can also just write a
post-installation script to create your SD card using the
parts provided in tmp/deploy/images/ instead of simply
using dd.

Regards,

Eric