[meta-freescale] iMX6 Qt / EGLFS

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Fri Sep 27 02:54:23 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 25 September, 2013 14:55:51 Bell, Andrew [Allen & Heath UK]
wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Could someone tell me the current state of next branch for iMX6 solo / dual
> lite for EGLFS support ?

It's working flawlessly :)

> I'm trying to get Qt 5 with opengl compiled externally against my Yocto
> generated rootfs - as recommended in a few other threads.
>
> I've removed X11 and wayland from poky.conf then bitbaked the lsb-sdk.
>
> When I point the qt build at the rootfs generated by the SDK, it fails as
> the the EGL includes / libraries are missing.
>
> I've then transplanted the EGL headers / libraries from the wandboard-dual
> sysroot within the yocto build tree into the SDK generated sysroot and it
> gets further but still fails ...

I've added IMAGE_INSTALL += "gpu-viv-bin-mx6q"
 to my image .. you can also use CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL in your local.conf
to make sure it's built and deployed.

> obj/release-shared/qeglfshooks_imx6.o: In function
> `QEglFSImx6Hooks::createNativeWindow(QSize const&, QSurfaceFormat const&)':
> eglfshooks_imx6.cpp:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `fbCreateWindow'

sounds like you got the wront libEGL.so .. you're sure you don't have X11 in
your DISTRO_FEATURES?
objdump -x libEGL.so.1  should give you some idea which version it is.

> I've tracked down some conditional code within recipes-graphics in
> gpu-viv-bin-mx6q which suggests the variant of libEGL.so may be conditional
> on X11 / Wayland defines to the build.

yes! Different versions are packaged depening on the DISTRO_FEATURES variable.

> Does anyone know what library provides the fbCreateWindow create above - do
> I need a libEGL-fb.so variant ?

libEGL-fb.so or libEGL-wl.so will do.
libEGL-x11 won't.

> There's also hints that I may have to define USE_X11=no to get this
> conditional EGL build behavior, if so where does this define need to be
> placed.

If you have no X11 in DISTRO_FEATURES then the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q will take the
right versions!

> Finally does the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q only apply to the quad core version or is
> this relevant to the solo / dual lite variants ?

No, to all of them.
I've running the same binaries on wandboard-solo