[meta-freescale] iMX6 Qt / EGLFS

Bell, Andrew [Allen & Heath UK] Andrew.Bell at allen-heath.com
Wed Sep 25 07:55:51 PDT 2013

Hi All

Could someone tell me the current state of next branch for iMX6 solo / dual lite for EGLFS support ?

I'm trying to get Qt 5 with opengl compiled externally against my Yocto generated rootfs - as recommended in a few other threads.

I've removed X11 and wayland from poky.conf then bitbaked the lsb-sdk.

When I point the qt build at the rootfs generated by the SDK, it fails as the the EGL includes / libraries are missing.

I've then transplanted the EGL headers / libraries from the wandboard-dual sysroot within the yocto build tree into the SDK generated sysroot and it gets further but still fails ...

obj/release-shared/qeglfshooks_imx6.o: In function `QEglFSImx6Hooks::createNativeWindow(QSize const&, QSurfaceFormat const&)':
eglfshooks_imx6.cpp:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `fbCreateWindow'

I've tracked down some conditional code within recipes-graphics in gpu-viv-bin-mx6q which suggests the variant of libEGL.so may be conditional on X11 / Wayland defines to the build.

Does anyone know what library provides the fbCreateWindow create above - do I need a libEGL-fb.so variant ?

There's also hints that I may have to define USE_X11=no to get this conditional EGL build behavior, if so where does this define need to be placed.

Finally does the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q only apply to the quad core version or is this relevant to the solo / dual lite variants ?

Any help appreciated !

Thanks

Andrew.