[meta-freescale] GStreamer missing base plugin element and related issues

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Oct 31 04:49:49 PDT 2013

On 10/30/2013 06:41 PM, Joshua Kurland wrote:
> I am having a few issues with gstreamer on wandboard-quad using Dora
> branch with kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.  I have been using fsl-image-test
> with extra packages loaded from local.conf for easy testing.  The
> first issue I have is that gst-plugins-base is missing the pango
> plugin.  Is this intentional or a bug?  How can I add it in?

I don't think missing a package is a bug. Why does pango is needed?

Have you tried to figure out how add it via local.conf?

> Second, I am having difficulty with the alpha channel when using
> mfw_v4lsink.  Because I am using fsl-image-test, the console is always
> present.  Setting VSALPHA=1 does nothing.  If I change the sink to
> mfw_isink it all works, but I don't want to use isink at the moment.
> How can I either:  a.) Fix the alpha blend with v4lsink, or b.) get
> rid of the console in the background?
>
> When using multioverlay with mfw_isink with console commands (and
> following this doc: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93788)
> when the video file reaches the EOS, the VPU crashes and prints the
> following to the screen:
>    Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
>    Execution ended after 108164009014 ns.
>    Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>    Setting pipeline to READY ...
>    Can not open dll, libgstfsl-0.10.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory.

Please, find for the file on your rootfs and mainly on your work dir.

is it provided by any FSL MM package or not? If this is provided, is it
installed?

Please, what version are we talking about? Dora? Master-next? I think
both MM version differs.

>    Caught SIGSEGV accessing address (nil)
>    #0  0x40119580 in ?? ()
>    #1  0x40119568 in ?? ()
>    #2  0x40119568 in ?? ()
>    Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 1684' to continue debugging,
> Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump   core.
>
> This forces me to reboot the board in order to use the vpu again.   Gdb says
>    #0  0x40180e14 in ?? ()
>    #1  0x40180e04 in ?? ()
>    #2  0x40180e04 in ?? ()
>    Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
>
> Lastly I am not able to display jpeg images.  Following this tutorial
> (https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93790), results in the error
> 'source fmt error'.  I have Tried with multiple jpegs of different
> resolutions from different sources, all with the same result.  This
> also seems to lock up the VPU, forcing a reboot in order to play video
> again.

Let's focus on missing file first.