[meta-freescale] GStreamer missing base plugin element and related issues

Joshua Kurland joshua.kurland at adtecdigital.net
Thu Oct 31 07:17:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Daiane Angolini
<daiane.angolini at freescale.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 06:41 PM, Joshua Kurland wrote:
>>
>> I am having a few issues with gstreamer on wandboard-quad using Dora
>> branch with kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.  I have been using fsl-image-test
>> with extra packages loaded from local.conf for easy testing.  The
>> first issue I have is that gst-plugins-base is missing the pango
>> plugin.  Is this intentional or a bug?  How can I add it in?
>

> I don't think missing a package is a bug. Why does pango is needed?
>
> Have you tried to figure out how add it via local.conf?

I was not aware pango was separate from gst-plugin-base.  I would like
to use GstTextOverlay and GstTimeOverlay, which I had thought were
part of pango, but I may be mistaken on that.  I added
gst-plugins-base-textoverlay to local.conf which seemed to do the
trick, thanks!

>> Second, I am having difficulty with the alpha channel when using
>> mfw_v4lsink.  Because I am using fsl-image-test, the console is always
>> present.  Setting VSALPHA=1 does nothing.  If I change the sink to
>> mfw_isink it all works, but I don't want to use isink at the moment.
>> How can I either:  a.) Fix the alpha blend with v4lsink, or b.) get
>> rid of the console in the background?
>>
>> When using multioverlay with mfw_isink with console commands (and
>> following this doc: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93788)
>> when the video file reaches the EOS, the VPU crashes and prints the
>> following to the screen:
>>    Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
>>    Execution ended after 108164009014 ns.
>>    Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>>    Setting pipeline to READY ...
>>    Can not open dll, libgstfsl-0.10.so: cannot open shared object file:
>> No such file or directory.
>

> Please, find for the file on your rootfs and mainly on your work dir.
>
> is it provided by any FSL MM package or not? If this is provided, is it
> installed?

Which file are you referring to?  libgstfsl-0.10.so?  In /usr/lib I
have libgstfsl-0.10.so.0 and libgstfsl-0.10.so.0.01.

> Please, what version are we talking about? Dora? Master-next? I think both
> MM version differs.

I just switched to Dora using kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0-wandboard.