[meta-freescale] GStreamer missing base plugin element and related issues

Joshua Kurland joshua.kurland at adtecdigital.net
Wed Oct 30 13:41:55 PDT 2013

I am having a few issues with gstreamer on wandboard-quad using Dora
branch with kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.  I have been using fsl-image-test
with extra packages loaded from local.conf for easy testing.  The
first issue I have is that gst-plugins-base is missing the pango
plugin.  Is this intentional or a bug?  How can I add it in?

Second, I am having difficulty with the alpha channel when using
mfw_v4lsink.  Because I am using fsl-image-test, the console is always
present.  Setting VSALPHA=1 does nothing.  If I change the sink to
mfw_isink it all works, but I don't want to use isink at the moment.
How can I either:  a.) Fix the alpha blend with v4lsink, or b.) get
rid of the console in the background?

When using multioverlay with mfw_isink with console commands (and
following this doc: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93788)
when the video file reaches the EOS, the VPU crashes and prints the
following to the screen:
  Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
  Execution ended after 108164009014 ns.
  Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
  Setting pipeline to READY ...
  Can not open dll, libgstfsl-0.10.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory.
  Caught SIGSEGV accessing address (nil)
  #0  0x40119580 in ?? ()
  #1  0x40119568 in ?? ()
  #2  0x40119568 in ?? ()
  Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 1684' to continue debugging,
Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump   core.

This forces me to reboot the board in order to use the vpu again.   Gdb says
  #0  0x40180e14 in ?? ()
  #1  0x40180e04 in ?? ()
  #2  0x40180e04 in ?? ()
  Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Lastly I am not able to display jpeg images.  Following this tutorial
(https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93790), results in the error
'source fmt error'.  I have Tried with multiple jpegs of different
resolutions from different sources, all with the same result.  This
also seems to lock up the VPU, forcing a reboot in order to play video
again.

Thanks for the help