[meta-freescale] Initial u-boot support for Wandboard Dual

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Feb 18 22:45:48 PST 2013

Hi John,

Le Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:30:40 -0600,
John Weber <rjohnweber at gmail.com> a écrit :
> My question is this - in a project like this, when I'm not in the mode of
> fixing bugs but adding a lot of features - when is the right time to send a
> patch to this list?   I'm attaching it here, but alternatively, I can
> submit this patch to the list as well, knowing that it should be considered
> development and should be tested.

You send it when it works for you and when you believe it's ready for
mailine so you get comments and if fixes are needed you can then
polish the patch and send a v2.
I've received my Wandboards (one Dual and one Solo) yesterday so I
expect to be able to test your patch very soon.

> Also, I'm new to this, so if someone could take a look over this patch and
> provide any advice, that would be great.  My guess is that I need to figure
> out how to chop it up into much smaller patches and submit a series, if I
> were doing this for real.

I've not yet looked in detail the patch, but here are 2 details :
- as Wandboard is not a board designed by Freescale, you should create
  the patch against https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra and
  not against meta-fsl-arm,
- it's better for review to send the patch using git send-email as
  stated in the README.

Thanks !
Eric