[meta-freescale] Matchbox desktop is active in background when playing videos

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Aug 14 07:22:13 PDT 2013

Hi Ashwin,

First of /dev/video16 refers to the graphics layer (RGB or /dev/fb0),
and if you use that output, the desktop will be over-written.

The default /dev/video17 refers to the YUV overlay, and there's
currently nothing in the v4lsink element to set the overlay
parameters. We've patched this in the past to add color_key
and alpha properties, but gave up because they need continuous
maintenance with each Freescale release.

	http://boundarydevices.com/color-keying-with-freescale-g-streamer-video4linux-plugin/

If you wrap gstreamer with your own application, it's also
easy enough to add the ioctls into your own code.

Regards,

Eric