[meta-freescale] Matchbox desktop is active in background when playing videos

Ashwin Kirpalani akcooper8 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:50:58 PDT 2013

No, export VSALPHA=1 didn't help. I also tried this on master branch and
same thing happens. Also tried with the following command:
gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc ! mfw_v4lsink

and I still see the background desktio while the preview image is overlayed
on top.

But when I do this:
gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16

the background desktop now goes away and I only see the camera stream,
which is what I want.

A side effect of this is when I ctrl+c the above command, the matchbox
desktop does NOT come back and instead the last frame of the camera (i.e. a
still image) is displayed on the desktop. I'd like to be able to go back to
the desktop after previewing the camera.