[meta-freescale] MX28 Enable Watchdog reset

Mårten Wikman marten.wikman at novia.fi
Wed Aug 14 01:02:49 PDT 2013

Hello

I don't know if this it the correct mailing list to ask this but I'm using
meta-freescale BSP on MX28EVK so I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm trying to get the Watchdog to reset my system if a kernel panic occurs
but I haven't been able to do so. I have enabled RTC and watchdog in kernel
configuration and I'm using 3.9.6 kernel. On boot this is what is says:

[    1.990863] stmp3xxx-rtc 80056000.rtc: rtc core: registered 80056000.rtc
as rtc0
[    1.999625] i2c /dev entries driver
[    2.012643] stmp3xxx_rtc_wdt stmp3xxx_rtc_wdt: initialized watchdog with
heartbeat 19s

But if a create a kernel panic with 'echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger' watchdog
does not restart my system, how do I enable this feature or where can I
read more about hardware watchdog in MX28 and how to use it in Linux?