[linux-yocto] Request to create a new branch for Baytrail BSP

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Sun Nov 10 20:53:12 PST 2013

On 11/10/2013, 10:43 PM, Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to request the community to create a new branch for
> Baytrail BSP in linux-yocto-3.8.
>
> Baytrail BSP will run on both 32bit and also 64bit configurations.
>
> We plan to maintain only 1 branch for both 32 bit and 64 bit because the
> recipes
>
> are the same.
>
> The branch name will be standard/common-pc-64/baytrail
>
> Branch HEAD on commit 19f949f52599ba7c3f67a5897ac6be14bfcb1200 (Tag v3.8)
>
> After the community are done with branch creation, I will start upstream
> the patches to the branch.

I can create the branch at any time, so consider it created. Are you
looking for the branch creation to enable your local testing, or something
else ?

The reason I ask, is that if you have patches, you can test and send
the series before the branch creation, so there's no need to wait
for it to appear in the tree before sending changes.

The summary and strategy is useful, so that is appreciated and the
right thing to do versus just a large series of changes without any
prior notice.

Cheers,

Bruce