[linux-yocto] Request to create a new branch for Baytrail BSP

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 11 08:05:06 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 23:53 -0500, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> On 11/10/2013, 10:43 PM, Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to request the community to create a new branch for
> > Baytrail BSP in linux-yocto-3.8.
> >
> > Baytrail BSP will run on both 32bit and also 64bit configurations.
> >
> > We plan to maintain only 1 branch for both 32 bit and 64 bit because the
> > recipes
> >
> > are the same.
> >
> > The branch name will be standard/common-pc-64/baytrail
> >
> > Branch HEAD on commit 19f949f52599ba7c3f67a5897ac6be14bfcb1200 (Tag v3.8)
> >
> > After the community are done with branch creation, I will start upstream
> > the patches to the branch.
>
> I can create the branch at any time, so consider it created. Are you
> looking for the branch creation to enable your local testing, or something
> else ?

Bruce, do not create this branch. Baytrail will be fully supported
upstream, we cannot have a branch called "baytrail" containing the
equivalent of a vendor tree". These branches, if they exist at all,
should be for specific boards that for some very special cases need
patches which are not acceptable upstream. This should be approaching
zero for Intel hardware.

We will work with Rebecca to come up with an acceptable solution.

--
Darren