[Automated-testing] Test definition information for SLAV

Paweł Wieczorek p.wieczorek2 at samsung.com
Tue Oct 29 03:56:18 PDT 2019

Hi,

On 20.10.2019 01:18, Tim.Bird at sony.com wrote:
> Pawel,
>
> I'm putting together my talk for ATS on test definitions, and I'd like to
> include information about SLAV.
>
> I looked at the SLAV code in:
> https://github.com/SamsungSLAV/festral, but I'm not sure if that's the right
> repository or not.

Festral is a tool supposed to run on top of other SLAV layers.

Overview of SLAV and its layers common parts are being put to:
https://github.com/SamsungSLAV/slav/tree/doc

https://github.com/SamsungSLAV/festral/blob/master/Examples/libteec.yml

>   - to a "characteristic" test - one that uses the most common features of your system

Job definition covering all features supported in SLAV:
https://github.com/SamsungSLAV/weles/blob/master/parser/sample_yaml

>   - to your repository of tests - (if it's not the one above) hopefully a single directory at
> a repository online where I can find multiple test definitions.

Unfortunately there is none.

> I'm trying to figure out the list of file formats, fields, operations, and representative
> field values based on looking at your code.
>
> I looked at festral/Festral/Tests/Data.hs, Test.hs and TestParser.hs
> but it's not clear to me if these are a sample test or part of your test framework.
> I also looked at festral/Examples/testconfig.json, and it mentioned test1.yaml and
>   test1_parser.sh (which sound like the type of files I might be interested in.)

Festral was contributed by one of SLAV early adopters and AFAIK is no
longer maintained. It was meant to provide CLI for REST APIs from
various layers. Its author experimented with job templating (you
probably noticed "###...###" part in the file liked as a "simple" test),
but I was not involved in these efforts.

> To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, there is representative data (at least the
> links and files) for other test systems on https://elinux.org/Test_definition_survey
>
> Thanks for any information you can provide.
>   -- Tim

Kind regards,

--
Paweł Wieczorek