[yocto] [meta-qt5] qt5.sh in environment-setup.d

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:06:42 PDT 2019

I see that sourcing the SDK environment file (
*environment-setup-armv7ahf-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi*) results in a few QT
variables pointing to the machine that generated the SDK (generated through
populate_sdk).

Towards the end of my environment file I have this line:

if [ -d "$OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT/environment-setup.d" ]; then
    for envfile in $OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT/environment-setup.d/*.sh; do
            . $envfile
    done
fi

The 'environment-setup.d' directory contains 'qt5.sh', which ultimately
relies on STAGING_LIBDIR to resolve. These are the variables:

OE_QMAKE_INCDIR_QT
QMAKESPEC
OE_QMAKE_QT_CONFIG
OE_QMAKE_LIBDIR_QT

I don't know if this is a mistake on my part or a bug in meta-qt5. It may
even be harmless, but I am still surprised to find my build host paths in
the SDK I am distributing across the team.

Can someone please explain what might be going on?

Much regards,

Adam