[yocto] Fetching Yocto layers

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 11:50:01 PDT 2019

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 4:50 PM Maciej Pijanowski
<maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com> wrote:

> On 02.09.2019 15:51, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
> > I'd like to throw kas into the discussion too, I've been using it quite
> > successfully.
> >
> > https://github.com/siemens/kas
> +1 for kas. Previously I was using repo, custom scripts and custom
> Docker container for running  the build. kas does all of that
> and makes significantly faster for me to start a new project.
>
> I have described my repo vs kas experience a while ago
> if someone would be interested: https://blog.3mdeb.com/2019/2019-02-07-kas/
Thanks for sharing blog post, really useful. I also discovered kas
tool few months ago and as Maciej said it's really convenient and nice
tool for helping managing
multiple yocto layers. Usually I have multiple targets so using kas
docker I build them by changing only machine and kas take care of
rest. Really recommend it.
> I hope it's fine to link to one's blog post there?
> >
> > Greetz

> >> At the moment Yocto project does not have an off-the shelf setup for
> >> multiple layers. You are welcome to provide and maintain one, until then it
> >> is indeed custom scripts, or tools like Google's 'repo', or maybe git
> >> submodules could work.
> >>
> >> Alex
> >> --

> Maciej Pijanowski