[yocto] Fetching Yocto layers

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Mon Sep 2 06:51:44 PDT 2019

I'd like to throw kas into the discussion too, I've been using it quite
successfully.

https://github.com/siemens/kas

Greetz

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 03:34:28PM +0200, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 15:05, Brian Silverman <bri at readysetstem.com> wrote:
>
> > The tags chosen above are based on what we test and ship.  So my issue is
> > that someone has to correctly follow the above instructions for different
> > versions of multiple layers if they want a reproducible build of a specific
> > version of mylayer-image.
> >
> > Is there a canonical why to encode this information within my layer?
> > Obviously I could script the above, store it in my layer, and have the user
> > run that script.  But, that seems very unyocto-like.
> >

> At the moment Yocto project does not have an off-the shelf setup for
> multiple layers. You are welcome to provide and maintain one, until then it
> is indeed custom scripts, or tools like Google's 'repo', or maybe git
> submodules could work.
>
> Alex

———————————————
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548