[yocto] Collaboration on Testing GCC/LLVM Toolchains

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:59:13 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:02 PM Nicholas Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I'm a student working on multi-threading GCC and researching it. Seems
> that it my
>
> time doing it and other things with the project it would be great to
> start collaborating
>
> on testing gcc/llvm upstream with Yocto. Granted there is a testsuite
> for both but it
>
> would be great to also test it against a build system that builds real
> world software.
>
> Furthermore I'm aware that this is done for Yocto toolchain selection
> internally but it
>
> would be great if we can start collaborating on testing upstream
> toolchains if
>
> possible.

I think its a good idea. Currently, we test released versions mostly,
however, there is
a class to switch to git versions and primarily be able to use tip of
master for a given
recipe, this would be something I wish we had but so far we have not
fully completed it
I know Ross had started this work and created initial skeleton, So
step one would be to
complete that class so we can easily switch recipes to use dev
versions of packages
this will go beyond GCC but certainly will be a tremendous achievement.