[yocto] meta-sunxi maintained?

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Tue May 28 01:31:52 PDT 2019

On 27.05.2019 19:32, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi Enrico,
Hi,

> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 5:44 PM Enrico <ebutera at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i try to keep it maintained, but now i just have a lime2 for testing
>> on real hardware, and i don't have the resources to do test builds for
>> all the supported boards.
>> Your help would be welcome, i can't check right now if i have the
>> rights to add you as co-maintainer, anyway i will add you.
> Thanks I have few sunxi based boards so can do tests also on my setup.
> Pls ping me when you will add me. Thanks.
>> Thanks for the help!
>>
>> Enrico
> Marek
>> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 4:50 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm just curious if meta-sunxi is still maintained? I was contributed
>>> to layer back while and when look now thud branch is un-compilable
>>> (dri2proto not replaced) and warrior branch not created yet. There is
>>> 14 issues + 6 pending pull requests. Added maintainers also in CC. I
>>> think it would be good to have sunxi properly maintained as boards
>>> with sunxi processors are popular. I can give a hand as co-maintainer
>>> if necessary. Thanks a lot.
I think I have some of the dirty code for integration of the recent Mali
blobs
with the mainline kernel as described here:
https://bootlin.com/blog/more-opengl-binaries-for-the-mali-support-on-allwinner-platforms-with-mainline-linux/
We were testing Qt + Wayland on mainline Linux IIRC.
Let me know if you think this could be beneficial to the community.
We are not actively using at the moment, though. meta-sunxi was not that
active when we worked on
that so maybe we were not motivated enough to polish things up and
submit a PR.

We use orange-pi-zero as a base for our product we use for on-hardware
https://3mdeb.com/products/open-source-hardware/rte/ so I believe we can
help
with maintenance of this platform / SoC (we use meta-sunxi for building
images for it:
https://github.com/3mdeb/meta-rte).
We have quite a number of other Allwinner platforms as well (H3 and A20
mostly).

--
Maciej Pijanowski
Embedded Systems Engineer