[yocto] meta-sunxi maintained?

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue May 28 02:53:43 PDT 2019

Hi Maciej,

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:48 AM Maciej Pijanowski
<maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com> wrote:

> On 27.05.2019 19:32, Belisko Marek wrote:
> > Hi Enrico,
> Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 5:44 PM Enrico <ebutera at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i try to keep it maintained, but now i just have a lime2 for testing
> >> on real hardware, and i don't have the resources to do test builds for
> >> all the supported boards.
> >> Your help would be welcome, i can't check right now if i have the
> >> rights to add you as co-maintainer, anyway i will add you.
> > Thanks I have few sunxi based boards so can do tests also on my setup.
> > Pls ping me when you will add me. Thanks.
> >> Thanks for the help!
> >>
> >> Enrico
> > Marek

> I think I have some of the dirty code for integration of the recent Mali
> blobs
> with the mainline kernel as described here:
> https://bootlin.com/blog/more-opengl-binaries-for-the-mali-support-on-allwinner-platforms-with-mainline-linux/
> We were testing Qt + Wayland on mainline Linux IIRC.
> Let me know if you think this could be beneficial to the community.
> We are not actively using at the moment, though. meta-sunxi was not that
> active when we worked on
> that so maybe we were not motivated enough to polish things up and
> submit a PR.
Sure. Pls submit PR. Have you seen recent discussion:
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/meta-sunxi/issues/144#issuecomment-496408159
?
Does your work use the same components or? Thanks.

> We use orange-pi-zero as a base for our product we use for on-hardware
> https://3mdeb.com/products/open-source-hardware/rte/ so I believe we can
> help
> with maintenance of this platform / SoC (we use meta-sunxi for building
> images for it:
> https://github.com/3mdeb/meta-rte).
> We have quite a number of other Allwinner platforms as well (H3 and A20
> mostly).
That would be cool. I plan to spend some time on co-maintaining
meta-sunxi so I hope feedback and merging will be much smoother ;)