[yocto] Defining group of machines

Westermann, Oliver Oliver.Westermann at cognex.com
Fri May 3 02:29:11 PDT 2019

Hey,

We've a product group with different devices, each having their machine-conf, eg
Device_a
Device_a_mini
Device_b
Device_b_mini <- Upcoming
Device_c <- Upcoming

Since device_a and device_a_mini share a lot of code, for them we use one of the machine overrides, describing the processor family, so I use RDEPENDS_${PN}_append_device_a if I just need it for device_a and RDEPENDS_${PN}_append_am57x for device_a and device_a_mini.

Now I'm in the situation that device_c will use the same CPU as device b, so I need something like a "group" of devices for family b.

How can I define a MACHINE_GROUP_device_b_group = "device_b device_b_mini" so I can do
RDEPENDS_${PN}_append_device_b_group or do_install_append_device_b_group()?

Best regards, Olli