[yocto] Copying the binaries to an SD card after bulding with Yocto

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 07:01:22 PDT 2019

>> ~/bbb/meta-bbb/scripts$ export OETMP=/oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior
>> Then run the copy_boot.sh script passing the location of SD card

I forgot how inheritance schema works with shells. When you run
copy_boot.sh script, it'll spawn for you new shell, and, IIRC, it
should inherit OETMP from parent shell. You can try to experiment, and
export OETMP command embed into copy_boot.sh file/script, and see what
is happening. You also can, as first command after #!/bin/bash, to
issue env command, and see what variables you have inherited from
parent shell.

In my opinion, this problem has very little to do with YOCTO building
system... Am I really (!) correct?

Zoran
_______