[yocto] Copying the binaries to an SD card after bulding with Yocto

danwe daniel.wenninger92 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:41:35 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have successfully build BeagleBone systems with Yocto.
I have used this site:
https://jumpnowtek.com/beaglebone/BeagleBone-Systems-with-Yocto.html

Now I need to copy the binaries to an SD card and have a question to the
following:
In the instruction I can read the following:
``````````````````````````
This *copy_boot.sh* script needs to know the TMPDIR to find the binaries.
It looks for an environment variable called OETMP.

For instance, if I had this in the local.conf

TMPDIR = "/oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior"

Then I would export this environment variable before running copy_boot.sh

~/bbb/meta-bbb/scripts$ export OETMP=/oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior

Then run the copy_boot.sh script passing the location of SD card
~/bbb/meta-bbb/scripts$ ./copy_boot.sh sdb

I did that but it shows me the following error:
OETMP: /oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior
Directory not found: /oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior/deploy/images/beaglebone

So my question is if I need to uncomment TMPDIR = "/oe7/bbb/tmp-warrior" in
my local.conf when doing this or not? --> I tried both.

So my copy_boot.sh looks for an environment variable called OETMP. And
OETMP should know the TMPDIR (directory). But what should I export?

Thanks.

Daniel