[yocto] General Question: Device specific value store

Morné Lamprecht morne at linux.com
Mon Jun 24 00:08:10 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 05:25:56PM +0200, Matthias Schoepfer wrote:
>Is there a smart, recommended way to deal with device specific data (i.e.
>serial number, credentials for backend access, you name it), that is specific
>for *one* device, and hence does not belong into the rootfs. I know, that there
>are (safe) hardware stores for it, but what, if your device does not have one.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your question, but this should be part of your
device commissioning process, i.e. like injecting specific security keys
etc...so basically this will part of your image install / flash process, and not
really part of the Yocto build process. The specifics of such a process would
depend on your specific commissioning process.

		- Morné